My son Luke is crazy about Lightening McQueen, no word of a lie we watch Cars and Cars 2 at least once a day. I am almost word perfect with the films. The banner was really simple to make. I started by cutting out 6 triangular pieces of brightly coloured card. I drew out a speech bubble for each of the characters using Microsoft Publisher. Cut these out, glued on to contrasting card scraps left over from the triangles and cut around the speech bubbles leaving about 5mm of card showing, to make a border and popped them to one side. I chose six of Luke’s favourite characters which were Lightening McQueen, Doc Hudson, Mater, Chick Hicks, Fred and Filmore. These were printed onto white paper and cut out, glued on to the card scraps and put to one side. Once again, using Publisher to make their quotes I used different fonts and colours that complemented the characters. I have to agree with Allison, it was fun trying to find fonts that fit th...
Well, I am a Craft Magpie, I see crafty things and I buy them, I consider what to do with them later, well that is not strictly true. I don't do anything with them, I just love looking at them. Knowing that "I have one of those". Well finally I have decided to start using my goodies, what is the point of having beautiful papers and beads if they are just stuck in a box where no-one except myself (when I remember) can look at them? With Christmas coming what better excuse is there to start making beautiful items, in March this year, I bought some gingerbread man shaped birch plywood figures, I could not tell you why I bought them, I thought they looked cute and just did. Here is my first contribution to We Did It Wednesday and The Thrifty Home This is Sam, the Gingerbread Man (named by my son Luke, he has a thing for Fireman Sam at the moment) Firstly, I painted the gingerbread man with mud hut, marked out his stitches, added a cute little ging...
After the outstanding results I received with the DIY CHALK PAINT , if you read my sideboard , rocking chair or toy chest posts, you will have seen the amazing results that the chalk paint made. So this time i thought i would test out a milk paint recipe What you need: 4 parts milk powder 1 part bicarbonate of soda 1 part pigment 6 parts cold water Patience The method is pretty simply. All you need to do is mix the milk, bicarbonate of soda and pigment powders together then add the water and stir well. Leave the paint to sit for 1 hour then stir again and paint. (I know, i know you probably will want to get painting you project, but if you can wait – you will get better outcomes - try watching an episode of Once Upon a Time... oh lord, my sister and i are addicted) The milk paint dries quickly so once you’ve started using it and be careful not go back over areas, as you can wipe the paint back off. Even though it is touch dry in about 15 min...
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi, I love to hear your views good, bad and even ugly... If you like something let me know so i can do more of it, if not, i will try and do less. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment, I really enjoy reading what you think about the blog xx