Cardz 4 Galz #208 - Stencil, Sentiment and Image

Hi Friends, 

Wow, can you believe how quickly September is going? 

Today is the Cardz 4 Galz #208  and today's theme is: Stencil, Sentiment and Image


I used a stamp that I have had for many many years.  It's from Santoro London and is called The Getaway.  It usually has a rocking horse behind the girl.  But I decided that I didn't want the rocking horse on this tag, so I did a bit of fussy cutting and just used the girl.


I used a watercolour card to make a tag, in which I blended a moon with Squeezed Lemonade and Scattered Straw and blended the rest of the tag with Lost Soul, and at the bottom half, I stencilled over the background with hickory smoke.


I stamped the bats flying behind the girl and over the moon.


The edges were blended with seedless preserves. Just to tie in the purple from the girl to the tag.


A sentiment was heat embossed


I used 3d Pearls on the bow and purple glitter glue splodges on the background.


I hope you like this tag.  It shows that you can adapt an old stamp with an element that you don't want to use and give it new life.  So why not crack out your stencils, stamps and join us over at Cardz 4 galz

Supplies Used

Distress Ink by Tim Holtz and Ranger
Squeezed Lemonade
Scattered Straw
Lost Shadow
Hickory Smoke

VersaColour - Ultimate pigment ink in Black

Stamps
The Getaway by Santoro London
The Scarecrow by Tim Holtz

3d Pearls and Glitter Glue by Dovecraft

Embossing powder
Detail Silver by Stampendous

I have entered this into:






Let's connect on Instagram

Join me on Pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without