Lightening McQueen Bedroom on a Budget

I have caught a bug, no not that type of bug, but the decorating bug.

My eldest son moved out a few weeks ago, and left an empty bedroom, and as the gruesome twosome were sharing a bedroom we decided to let Luke have Andrews old room.

Firstly, it would need a serious paint job.  
My eldest son, Andrew, has a unique taste when it comes to decor :)

Luke posing in his soon to be new room

I gave the room a couple of coats of white, then i had a blank canvas.

I primed the skirting board with grey primer, ready to paint it white, as the skirting board was a dark stained brown.

I painted the top half of the room yellow and the bottom half I painted blue, seeing how good the grey primer on the skirting board looked with the blue paint then i had an idea.....

I had a flash of inspiration when I was painting.

So, I left a section in the middle about 5 cm, when the paint had dried I put two strips of  masking tape around, one just above where the yellow ends, and one just below where the blue ends.


I used the primer and painted the middle section grey to represent a racetrack.

Another "off the plan" thing that happened was the removal of the carpet, Whilst I was priming the skirting board I lifted the edges of the carpet, and found the floor boards to be in pretty good condition.

So my wonder hubby, sanded the skirting boards down, and I set to work painting them with some paint that we had left over from another project we did in our old house (yes...hording does come in handy)


The finished result did not look too bad.  Whilst painting though, I had numerous ideas that i decided would just "finish off" the room, such as the Lightening McQueen Banner and the Upcycled TV unit.

Sneak Preview of the Bedroom







Luke absolutely loves the after, when I revealed it to him he just ran around saying Wow.....Wow......Wow

I have since added the Tuna Can Traffic Lights and Lightening McQueen bunting/banner, which were very successful with Luke.



Comments

  1. I really like your wall racetrack idea - great transformation. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to hear your views good, bad and even ugly... If you like something let me know so i can do more of it, if not, i will try and do less. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment, I really enjoy reading what you think about the blog xx

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without