Super Easy Kit Kat Easter Cake

Oh my goodness how cute is this cake.  Not only cute but super duper easy to make too..



Ingredients:

your favourite cake
your favourite icing
Kit Kat bars (I bought 3 packs of 8 of the snack size)
Sweetened coconut flakes (I used about 1/3 to 1/2 of a 14 oz. bag)
Green food colouring
Cadbury Mini Eggs
ribbon



Directions:

1. Bake your favourite cake recipe for a two-layer, 8" or 9" cake. (For this cake, I used Duncan Hines yellow cake mix.) Make sure to even out your layers so there's some room left at the top for your coconut.

2. Frost with your favourite icing. (For this cake, I used Duncan Hines chocolate icing.)

3. Press the Kit Kat bars around the cake gently.

4. Place the coconut in a zippered plastic bag. Add drops of green colouring (I used 4) and close the bag. Shake until the colour blends evenly. Add more colouring if necessary.

5. Sprinkle the coconut over the top of the cake. Add the mini eggs.

6. Tie a ribbon around the Kit Kat bars.

inspired by Made in Melissa's Kitchen



 




Feel free to Visit the Blog | Follow on Pinterest | Follow on Facebook

Follow on Twitter |Follow on Instagram

Subscribe to Pretty Shabby UK

Comments

  1. What a fabulous cake, Dawn and thanks so much for the instructions. I've been longing for spring and Easter to come. We need something to cheer us in these troubling times! Good to hear you are not too far away too!
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to hear your views good, bad and even ugly... If you like something let me know so i can do more of it, if not, i will try and do less. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment, I really enjoy reading what you think about the blog xx

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without