Grandmas old drawers: A shabby chic refurb and Linky Party

When my Mother-In-Law was having work done in her house, she was about to throw out a old piece of furniture which had been her mothers.

My husband (as trained by me) said that we would take them, as he was sure that I could do something with them..







It was obvious that they had been refurbished many many years go, and the flaking paint, believe it or not gave me inspiration.

So i stripped it all with a wall paper scraper.  This was so much easier than i had anticipated.



There were still a a few buts that i needed to sand down.  I really liked the wood, but it would not go in my living room, as it was far too dark...

So......

I repainted it .... with my homemade chalk paint see recipe here


I decided to leave the top wood and waxed it....



What to you think?



Feel free to Visit the Blog | Follow on Pinterest | Follow on Facebook

Follow on Twitter |Follow on Instagram

Subscribe to Pretty Shabby UK




   

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without