Create a "Hug Pillow" using an old T Shirt { Tutorial }




One of the linkys on my Waste Not Want Not Wednesday Party inspired this next project. A lovely lady called Alison over at Ali Bee Creations linked up her t-shirt cushion tutorial.


I really fell in love with this project, so I decided to make my own........The way I have made it is slightly different from Alison, but is on the similar lines.

Materials Needed

Old T-Shirt
Needle / or sewing machine
Co-ordinating Thread
Wadding



I love this T-Shirt of Chloe's but it was getting too small, so I decided this would be the perfect T-shirt for the project. 



Stitch the neckline with the T-shirt inside out.


Stitch both of the arm holes inside out also.


Add the Wadding into the arm section then sew to make the arm puffy, then add the rest of the wadding to the torso.


Finally stitch the bottom of the T-Shirt.  I decided to do this by hand sewing, as my hubby was in work, and I don't trust the Gruesome Twosome near the machine, as they are as quick as lightening, and I did not fancy a journey to A&E.


The finished Product.


The snuggleable test, Well it seems to have passed Chloe's standard.


Luke also seemed to find it snuggly too.


Luke decided to show off his feet.



Chloe decided that she wanted the "hug pillow" all to her self and pushed him off the couch.


It did not seem to matter to Luke that he was on the floor, as long as he could still watch the TV.


The proof is in the pudding, as they say.  The "hug pillow" was a snuggly success.


Thanks for Joining me, 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without