Organising Unmounted Stamps

Have you ever had an idea for a project and thought I think I have a stamp that would look good on that? or you simply draw a blank because you can't remember what stamps you have in your stash?

As part of my ongoing organisation of my craft room, it was Stamp organising time. Specifically my unmounted stamps.


As you can see it was a nightmare to find a stamp that gave me inspiration.  They were stored in a plastic tupperware box.

First came the hard part of sorting them out, so I categorised them into the relevant sections. This took the longest in the organising process.

There are a number of ways to store the stamps but I chose to store them in CD cases.


 I cut a piece of stock card to the size of a CD cover, and stuck the acetate pictures which came with the stamps on to the CD covers with double sided tape.



For the stamps with the small stamps I put them in the paper disc holders to ensure that they did not get lost, and wrote on the back which collection they belong to.



and voila.......


Now all my stamps are organised, tidy and don't take up a great deal of space.

My next project will be to make a stamping journal that will allow me to see both my wooden and unmounted stamps in one place.

Comments

  1. I started to organise mine - by stamping them paper twice and laminating one copy to stick the stamps on and filing the other sheet. I still have a few to do.
    I got distracted by stamps I had forgotten.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to hear your views good, bad and even ugly... If you like something let me know so i can do more of it, if not, i will try and do less. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment, I really enjoy reading what you think about the blog xx

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without