My Goals for 2022


Is it too early to start talking about 2022 goals?  No, of course not.  Goals are very important, and to be honest since the lockdown in 2020, I have been lacking in goals, and just somehow seemed to have drifted through 2021, with no motivation, no structure and I seem to have just wasted the year and achieved nothing.

So my first goal is to set some goals :) No seriously, my first goal was to spend some time working on my blog, its been far far to long since i connected with your all. I have missed you, have you felt the same?

One of my goals for 2022 is i want to start making and giving everyone handmade cards throughout the year.  Although i have made some interesting cards, i have never really had the courage to give them out for the special occasions they were made for. Its that wonderful sense of Self-doubt took over, you know the monster that creeps into your mind saying, "you should have done this" "or that", and "it would look so much better if you did".  By the time the monster has finished i am at the shop buying a store bought generically boring card.

Well, i mustered up the courage and I started a card making class on a Wednesday, I am so excited to learn the construction of cards, what makes a card look super cute.

One of the first cards we made is this super handsome guy


Isn't he just so adorable. I know its quite a standard type card, but i am super proud of it.  

To be truthful, the reason i started attending card making classes is to get me out of the rut i have found myself in.  I quit my volunteering job at the beginning of lockdown, as i had to home-school my gruesome twosome. With one thing and another i just haven't found anything to replace the "void" that it left.  So its great to get out of the house, meet new people and have some fun at the same time.

Another of my goals is to join in the online card making community, and enter my cards in some of the challenges.  So far i have entered three of my cards: a new home card for my sonQuick and easy birthday card and Santa Paws all of which have been my own designs, but have been inspired by the challenges.  I look forward to this time next year to see how my card making skills have increased (Hopefully)

I hope you join me in my journey, and i look forward to any hints and tips you guys have for a complete newbie.






Feel free to Visit the Blog | Follow on Pinterest | Follow on Facebook

Follow on Twitter |Follow on Instagram

Subscribe to Pretty Shabby UK

Comments

  1. This is such a cute winter card! Glad you've made it a goal to make and give handmade cards! They are so special and will be much appreciated!
    I need to start thinking about some of my goals I want to set for 2022 as well.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge. Be sure to add a link to our challenge blog in your post as well to be eligible for the prize drawing or top 5 (this is the link http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/), and we hope to see you back again soon! Remember, you may join in up to 3 times for each challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for hosting xx I have added the link to my post now ...Sorry xx

      Delete
  2. Very cute penguin card.

    Thanks for sharing at the Allsorts challenge.

    Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really adorable. That's one cute penguin. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to hear your views good, bad and even ugly... If you like something let me know so i can do more of it, if not, i will try and do less. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment, I really enjoy reading what you think about the blog xx

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without