Japanese Girl Birthday Card

My daughter and her friends are into reading Manga and watching anime (the japanese graphic novels) and she loves all things Japanese at the moment - except sushi :)

I decided to make her and her friends some birthday cards inspired by the Japanese theme, and i want to make each one slightly different, so i have to come up with at least 5 different design concepts.  Do you ever feel like your going to regret something? No, No i am sure it will be absolutely fine... I mean what can go wrong....right?

Here is the first card I made in the Japanese theme.


The construction of this card could not be any simpler.

I found this lovely little Japanese them on Pinterest, i coloured it in, cut it out - i dont have the correct measurements as i just eye balled it - thats the story of my life, no precision, im just a fly by the seat of your pants kind of girl :), then cut some Pink card to use as a mat to the image.

I matched up some designer papers which i had in my stash, ok ok!... when i say stash i mean HOARD, then worked backwards, so put the Pink stock card at the very back - this i took about 1 inch (2.5cm) off the 6"x6" card, next i trimmed down the DP so it looked even all the way round.  I added the Image and mat printed off a little saying and used a contrasting piece of card to make a mat for that and voila..

I hope you like this, sorry about the instructions are a little ski-wiff, but thats just how i roll hahaha.

What I used:
Scalloped 6" x 6"
Pink and lilac Card - from stash
DP - from stash
DecoTime Aqua Markers 

I am entering this in:

I used a 6"x6" card base, cut out some pink card, cut out some designer paper that matched the colour scheme, 




Feel free to Visit the Blog | Follow on Pinterest | Follow on Facebook

Follow on Twitter |Follow on Instagram

Subscribe to Pretty Shabby UK

Comments

  1. Lovely card. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to hear your views good, bad and even ugly... If you like something let me know so i can do more of it, if not, i will try and do less. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment, I really enjoy reading what you think about the blog xx

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ways To Syndicate A Blog Post

21 Online Free Web Based Applications That You can’t live without